There’s no rhyme or reason to this blog…just my random musings and observations.
1. There are some seriously good looking American men in the Olympics. THIS is what we call mommy porn.
2. Like our men’s volleyball team…damn.
3. Men’s water polo…lots of mipples. I learned that word from Lee Anne today. Thanks, Lee Anne. You took my Olympic viewing experience up a notch.
4. I didn’t know there were 6’9″ males who didn’t play basketball, but I like it…a lot.
5. Male gymnasts are not 6’9″…they have very short thick necks and very deep arm pits. Am I the only one noting that?
6. Mens’ highbar is almost as terrifying as diving.
7. Women’s balance beam always makes me flail my arms. Like I’m going to save you, all the way out here in Texas.
8. In swimming, we need lane numbers mid-pool because like an excel spreadsheet, I can’t follow my line through the middle and inevitably find myself rooting for the wrong swimmer by accident. At least until we get back to the end of the pool with the lane marker.
9. How do the female swimmers keep their boobs covered in these suits? If I wore one of these suits we’d have serious coverage issues.
10. I am not in shape.
11. The top 24 ranking gymnasts should compete in the all-around. This system makes no sense.
12. Does the number of barretts snapped onto a female gymnast’s head symbolize something? What am I missing?
13. In the Olympics…basketball is kind of boring. Sorry.
14. I miss speedo bikinis. Guys, shave your legs, bring back the bikinis. You’ll swim faster…I promise. (crosses fingers behind back)
15. Apparently all little girls who watch Olympic gymnastics, are compelled to practice their splits. I did…and I just watched my daughter do it too. So. Cute.
Angie, being Angie. A perfectly imperfect woman, daughter, friend, mother, and wife. I’m a lover and a fighter. I’m up, and I’m down. I succeed. I fuck up. (I cuss). I hope people see things here and in my writing they only think to themselves and are inspired to be unashamed of who they are.
Let’s live life… out loud.